Talking about Lessons learned from Vista
Posted by wholeenchilada on November 27, 2007
download squad has a post with some info on “lessons learned” from what they refer to as “Vista’s underwhelming debut”:
The amount of significant changes to the core OS were blamed for many of Vista’s delays, as well as many of the compatibility problems with existing products. While Microsoft doesn’t regret making these changes to Vista (well, so they say), they are not making changes on that scale with Windows 7. When it comes to addressing release issues, Microsoft has made the decision to be less transparent about release schedules, only making information available when the date is actually feasible. Right now, Microsoft is aiming to launch Windows 7 sometime in 2010 (or 2011 or 2012…this is still Microsoft).
Some interesting points but nothing a lot of folks haven’t already discussed on the Vista front:
- 65 More Windows Vista Mistakes ~ Chris Pirillo
- Windows Vista Feedback ~ Chris Pirillo
- About those Windows Vista “mistakes”… | Ed Bott’s Windows …
- » Vista mistakes Microsoft won’t repeat with Windows 7
- Ballmer Analyzes Microsoft’s ‘One Big’ Vista Mistake – IT Channel …
- 5 Mistakes Microsoft made with Windows Vista – Digit Forum
- Vista’s biggest problem remains Windows XP, survey says
- Windows Vista Gripes (list of links)
Image credit: http://www.blogography.com/archives/2006/06/vista.html
This entry was posted on November 27, 2007 at 10:43 am and is filed under Business, Programming, Technology. Tagged: Microsoft, Operating Systems, OS, Technology, Vista, vista mistakes, Vista Reviews, vista sucks, windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows7. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.